Tuesday 17 July 2007

Achy Arms

Started my jabs this morning and my arms are killing me! Had three today - two in the right arm (Polio/Diphtheria/Tetanus and Hepatitis A) and one in the left (Typhoid). Bit sore now. Perhaps going out drinking until 3am last night wasn't strictly the most strategic move :)o/ 

It was Suki's graduation party though, and we had a great time. Met at O’Neil’s in the Hayes about 8pm and then headed to Buffalo, which was nice and mellow being a Monday night. My thoughts are with those of my fellow comrades who are currently sitting behind desks nursing hangovers. I salute your bravery, it is commendable.

I have to pop back to the surgery later to pick up a prescription for the other jabs - the ones the NHS doesn't cover - then bring them home and put them in my fridge until next week, when I get more administered. Next Tuesday I get the Hep B and Rabies shots. I've also made an appointment for this Thursday to go to another centre where I can get my Yellow Fever jab and certificate, which is compulsory to enter Rwanda. That jab costs £45! Thankfully VSO pick up the tab for all my vaccinations.

Thank you Mummy for the chocolate and caramel flapjacks you sent me home with at the weekend - they are taking my mind off it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment