Wednesday 30 January 2008

FRW 702,500

Yay, beginner’s luck! My first funding proposal came back a winner. Just bagged FRW 702,500 (about £700) from VSO to set up a five week IT training course for up to seven of our volunteers, covering basic Windows, Excel and Word Processing. Now just need to get them to actually turn up!

Feeling rather pleased with myself :)

Makes up for going to a meeting today that was cancelled. Supposed to be in the office now but neither Léon nor Francois have replied to my text asking if it’s open. As Léon has my keys, I don’t fancy betting the moto money. Meeting Augustin there later anyway.

Got two parcels from Mum today, too: tea towels, hand cream and herbs (black pepper and mixed), oh and some incense :)

Life is good. Had a bit of a tummy upset, though. Fancied something different and substantial last night, so fried eggs for the first time with some corned beef and cheese. It was yummy, but today not so good. Not ill, but not pucka. My kitchen is also now full of ants. I just don’t have the heart to hurt them.

Getting some positive feedback from my MA participants. Just double checking they’re happy for me to release the interviews alongside the data to the BDA. Had some touching comments. Need to write a couple of articles now for Sign Matters and Deaf Worlds.

Thought I’d had enough of academia, but wondering now about the possibilities of a PhD. Only, not on my wages lol I’m writing around to see if anywhere will take me on or let me get involved in other ways. Perhaps it can build up to something? There's just so much here that would make diamond research material, seems a shame to let it go to waste ;)

Watched Cabaret last night, Liza Minnelli. Cracking film. Enjoyed that. It’s amazing what you’ll watch when you’re forced to ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment