Monday 28 January 2008

Master and Mistress

Cardiff University


Today, I officially became a 'well deserved' MA ;)

Technically my results came out on the 23rd and my friends had been e-mailing to say they got theirs, but Mum and Dad hadn't got mine. I e-mailed my supervisor, Michelle, who replied:

I can certainly confirm that you have passed your MA - congratulations! Well deserved. I can't give the exact marks on e-mail, hopefully Julia will reply in due course.
:)

So, I am now a Master of Language & Communication Research. Or, to give it its full title, I suppose: 'Deaf People as Victims of Crime in the British Legal System'.

I am just sending off the dissertation and data to all the participants to get their final approval before handing it over to the British Deaf Association to use the research as they see fit, and to sell on to organisations and individuals to support their advocacy work.

As a very fitting tribute, I spent today interpreting for Augustin and Francois at a VSO meeting. So much I could say about that, but a little too tipsy. Just got in. Went for tilapia with Hannah, Martine, Mel and her sister. Was most excellent, and just what was needed after my brain melted out of my nose from the efforts of flapping my hands so hard :op

Most excellent day, most excellent night.

There are some things I absolutely love about this country! Flying through the night on the back of a moto is certainly one of them. Tilapia is another. My job and the people I work with. My friends and the other vols. The country, essentially, rocks - and I am glad to be a part of it. Even when it narks me ;)

Ooooh, oooh, watched Runaway Jury last night - mmmmm, John Cusack, mmmmm Rachel Weisz. Cool film.

Aaaaah, time for bed, still in the glow of success :)

No comments:

Post a Comment