Sunday 3 February 2008

Earthquake

I was having a really lazy morning, just lounging in bed - 9:30 - then all of a sudden the entire house starts moving. At first I thought it was a heavy truck going past outside - but the entire house!

For a second I was about to get up, then thought there's only thatching above me so I'm not in much danger. It lasted about a minute and was quite pleasant. Felt like I was lying on one of those massage beds.

I got up once it stopped and almost instantly thought I'd imagined it, so I texted my friend Mel across the road saying: 'Silly question, but did we just have an earthquake?' She replied saying: 'Not a silly question. Was a bit scary!'

I'm keeping an eye on the news in case something bigger occurred elsewhere. It felt like a gentle tremor, but just found this BBC article from 2005. Will keep checking.

No comments:

Post a Comment