Monday 18 August 2008

Oh My Gods!!! Electrogaz Redeemed!

Papyrus

The unthinkable has just happened! (No, not my boss turning up for his 4pm meeting on time - it's now 4:50) - I just got a call from the Director of Electrogaz with a grovelling apology for the list of complaints I sent him!

I was so gobsmacked I forgot to sound angry and almost burst into joyous tears of gratitude! He's going to send some people round personally to sort it out!

Turns out, after shouting down the local office with Bosco again, that the bill is a backlog for several months before I even arrived in Rwanda! It belongs to the previous tenant. Because someone comes to check manually each month, if I'm not in, they don't know how much was clocked up in a specific month, so they just lump it all together. That's their excuse. I can sort of understand, but it doesn't quite ring true as I think my meter is actually not functioning properly. I've stood there and watched it whiz round when there's been no water on in my house!

So, let's see what comes of this. Fingers crossed.

I just can't believe how very helpful and apologetic the guy was. That's all I wanted to hear was a 'sorry, as our customer we want to help you.' I forgive them all the stress so far because of this. Thank you so much :)

Now... to go home or to wait around another half hour? This sucks. Tiga and her friend have asked to crash tonight. Bit short notice, and I've got guests tomorrow and everything, but I said yes. Going to Mel's leaving do at Papyrus at 7:30. Invited JM along. He's been quite sweet and apologised after the e-mail I sent explaining the time thing. He wants to meet up to discuss it, but it's nothing I can't forgive if he looks suitably abashed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment