Wednesday 13 May 2009

Good Morning, Good Yawning

(Name that children's book...)

I can't believe it's now been over a year since Léon's Wedding! And I haven't had occasion to wear the mushanana since :( I sent them a text to wish them happy anniversary and they were amazed I remembered - but how could I forget? It was a lovely day and now they're the proud parents of a little boy.

Talking of weddings, Lies and Kasim get married on 16th. Should be an excellent day. I went over to tidy up her dreads on Saturday, just before her parents landed.

Lies' Beautiful Dreadlocks

Makes me nostalgic for the days of the King Dreads....

Also popped by their final wedding meeting on the Sunday. Here you have a whole appointed committee to plan a wedding, including family, friends, a secretary... It was really interesting and I swung by as I'd just had a drink and some food with Martine and her (ex) husband who is out visiting. It was a really nice afternoon.

Sadly, I've had to remove one of my blog posts as a very sorry excuse for trash-journalism decided to use it out of context in order to further his anti-government political agenda. It was the one with my musings on the recent BBC ban. When I said "people are always reading" - this was the exact kind of prat I was talking about. The creep has been browsing all my internet accounts by the look of it and even makes references to other ex-pat and Rwandan blogs. He saw I was a member of a closed blog (one the public can't access) which he said "must be a gold mine of juicy details" (about Rwandan politics). The guy's an utter feckin' numpty, it's a creative writing group ;op

Says something when you have to get that desperate to make up a story, eh? The guy seems to have a major beef with the Rwandan government, sadly. Glad I spotted it though. I've edited the post so now anyone who follows the link to it will get a nice little disclaimer about how shoddy the article was. Nasty little weasel.

I'll try not to lose too much sleep over it, the site doesn't get much traffic. Just hope people recognise it for the trash it is.

Aaaaaand on to other news...

D's in Kampala getting flyers and a banner printed for the Single Parent Network. I Can't wait. Extremely excited to see them. Just hope it all makes it back before the expo on 23rd. Currently working with my mate Andy from Auchtermuchty to update the website, so keep an eye on it in the coming weeks.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of Jo & Pierre from the UK. I'm still job hunting like a loony. Making at least one application a week, but the rounds haven't started to close yet so maybe another few weeks before I hear from them or can write them off. 

Otherwise all quiet, really. Well, not quiet as such, what with drum 'n' bass neighbours and the military performing heavy artillery drills nearby. But 'calm' is perhaps the right word ;)

[NB 2013: Little did I know that three years later I'd be cutting Lies' dreads off!]

No comments:

Post a Comment