Thursday 22 January 2009

Oh My... :o/



Oh dear, avid blog readers. It's late and I'm drunk. So I guess it's heart on the sleeve time... :o/

Hmmm.

Interesting night.

See, blog-a-holics, for a short while now there's a guy I really kinda like. Don't think I'm on his radar but, well... kinda an unrequited crush I suppose. You need them from time to time.

So, I've been in a blissful state of minor lurv-sickness. The kind of discomfort that you don't mind all that much: daydream central.

Tonight was salsa at Passadena. I'd arranged to meet David there, and Nidhi, who was entertaining all the new vols. I haven't been to Pas. for a loooong time and will forever equate it with Jo and Pierre teaching the funny dance where you boogie in, boogie out, clap, and change places... sure it has a name, but...

I'd also received a message from JM and said I'd beep him if I ended up there.

Now, I don't know whether you remember how that left off, but, as horribly attractive as he is, there wasn't so much of a spark when you got down to things. Sometimes the chemistry gives a false positive: you think you're smitten, then you mix it up a bit and realise it's not explosive.

I have to admit, it was rather weird to see him again. Haven't in about three or four months. He's still as devastatingly handsome as ever (and, my, those arm muscles...)

He'd been wanting to see me, I guessed from the text, it had an 'x'. The night wore on and we got to talking, and we got to kissing... and, oh!

Maybe the false positive was a false negative, because I really felt it. Vibe-a-licious. I can't wait to see him again, but I'm a little confused.

How can you spend so long thinking about one person, then get your head turned by another? And which way should you be looking? (If you answered 'down' go and stand in the corner!)

Argh.

None of this is quite as irritating as the album my cous. sent me: Demians - Building an Empire. There's a bonus track on the end called Earth and I cannot get it out of my head. It's bloody annoying - I even hum it on motos. One of those defining songs that will always remind me of a place in time, and space, that I have been.

I've just munched a pack of Ainsley Harriott's couscous. I'm almost as addicted to that as I am to the above song. Two seconds in a cup with boiling water et voila! Yum.

My cats also like couscous, and sardines.

Hmmm. What does one do?

I guess one does what one does best: stop thinking and see where you end up. How life twists and turns; surprising. Ugh.

Still, the dancing was fun. Just another two nights on the razz and I can finally get some sleep. Haven't been sleeping so well recently. Restless. Not enough to do during the day except occupy myself with thoughts.

Despite it all, though, I'm happy. I have good friends here and much to enjoy. Stop thinking... "let go and let flow" (Something New).

Muraramukeho.

No comments:

Post a Comment